My Multi K9 doesn’t have very much suction
There could be several reasons for the Multi K9 losing suction:
- Ensure that the bin is empty and that the filters are clean. For instructions on how to empty the bin and clean the filter, click here.
- If you’ve recently cleaned your filter, the vacuum will lose suction if the filter is wet. Leave the filter in a warm dry place for at least 24 hours; but not in direct contact with a heat source, e.g. on top of a radiator.
- If you’ve recently emptied the dirt from your Multi K9, you could experience a loss of suction if the bin lid is not correctly sealed. Check that the bin lid is correctly closed and that the bin is firmly attached to the body of the vacuum.
- If you have emptied the bin, cleaned and checked the filter and your vacuum still doesn’t have suction, then it’s likely that there is a blockage. Blockages can sometimes occur in either the vacuum or the attachments.
- Scented tab must be inserted, otherwise there will be a loss of suction.
My bin is damaged, can I replace it?
Yes, the bin can be replaced with a new one.
How long does the scented cartridge last?
We recommend replacing this each month when you wash your filter.