- Check the charge of the battery, make sure the battery is showing green LEDs when the button is pressed.
- Make sure that the battery and the head are fully inserted into the handle and they are located properly.
- Check the order that you are activating the Hedge Trimmer. First press the green safety trigger on the right or left side and then push the trigger.
FAQ's for the Gtech HT20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
How long is the Hedge Trimmer blade?
Are there any accessories for the Hedge Trimmer?
Yes. The Gtech Branch Cutter is available as an accessory. All of the Hedge Trimmer and Branch Cutter components are available as spare parts, in particular the blades.
Why do the LEDs show a solid red?
- The Hedge Trimmer has jammed.
- Check the blade and remove any debris.
- There is a 5 second delay before turning on to prevent overheating.
Why is the blade not moving freely/the motor is jamming/struggling to cut?
There are a couple of reasons as to why any of these problems could be happening:
- Check for any jammed branches, sap or debris between the blade teeth.
- The Hedge Trimmer may need to be moved slower.
- Check the charge of the battery, it could need recharging.
- The thickness of the hedge could be too large.
- The hedge may be very dense and will need two passes.
- You may need to clean or lubricate your blade - we recommend a water displacement/penetrating oil product such as WD40.
- The blade could be worn or damaged. Replace it with a new one.
- Use lighter cutting action.
What is the thickest branch I can cut with the Hedge Trimmer?
The maximum branch diameter with the Hedge Trimmer is 15mm.
What is the thickest branch I can cut with the branch cutter?
The maximum branch diameter with the branch cutter is 60mm with a double cut.
The machine works intermittently.
This could be due to an internal wiring fault.
Is the battery covered within the warranty?
Yes, the battery will be covered for 2 years.
I cannot remove the battery from the housing.
Make sure you are pressing the two green battery latches together, before trying to pull the battery out.
My battery won’t fit onto the housing.
Make sure you are pushing the battery in on the correct side, with the battery LEDs on the top.
How do I know if my battery is correctly attached?
An audible click should be heard when assembling the battery and the Hedge Trimmer will turn on.
My battery is showing one green flashing LED.
The battery needs to be put on charge.
How do I know if my battery is fully charged?
While the battery is on charge, the battery LEDs will progressively pulse, until all four are lit. When the battery is fully charged the battery LEDs will stop pulsing and remain green in colour. This should take up to 4 hours.
Can I throw my battery away with normal waste?
When the product has reached the end of its life please do not dispose of it with general household waste. Consider the environment and take it to a recognised recycling facility. The product contains a Li-Ion battery which should not be disposed of with general household waste. The battery should be disposed of properly with the product at a recycling facility. Call your local council, civic amenity site, or recycling centre for information on the disposal and recycling of electrical products.
Why is my Hedge Trimmer not turning on?
There are a couple of reasons as to why your Hedge Trimmer could not be turning on:
Why is my Hedge Trimmer vibrating strongly or running unevenly?
It’s possible that the blade or the head could be defective or loose. Remove the battery from the Hedge Trimmer and check the connection between the blade and the head.
I cannot remove the blade from the housing.
Make sure you are pressing the 2 green blade latches together before trying to remove the blade. Ensure the blade cover is fitted before handling.
The blade won’t fit onto the housing.
Manually rotate the claw drive of the blade by a few degrees with the cover on it, and try again.