Set of eBike Brake Pads
eBike Brake Pads
Are your eBike brake pads worn due to frequent use? If your brake pads have become less effective due to wear and tear, it’s time to replace them with a brand new set. Check the grooves on the brake pads to see if they’ll need a quick replacement. You can tell they need changing when the pads have been worn right down to the bottom of the grooves. It’s an easy job to do – simply order your eBike brake pads direct from Gtech and we’ll guide you through how to replace them.
How to replace your eBike brake pads
- Squeeze together the brake arms and lift the brake cable from the arms.
- Loosen the bolts on the brake pads with an Allen Key.
- Remove the old brake pads and place the bolts to one side
- All you have to do now is fix the eBike brake pads into place, ensuring that the surface of the brake pad is resting on the wheel rim and the bolts are tightly fastened.
- Once the brake pads are fixed firmly in place, you can pinch together the brake arms and put the brake cable back into place.
Regularly check your eBike’s brake pads
Your bicycle brake pads are an important safety feature of the eBike. They’re subject to wear and tear and will need replacing if they’ve been worn down and are not working as effectively as they should be. Check your brake pads regularly for any damage or just simple wear and tear. You should also regularly use a damp cloth to remove any grease or oil that could reduce the effectiveness of the brake pads.
Need replacement brake pads for your eBike? Order them online today. And if you need further advice, take a look at our eBike support videos.