Terms & Conditions
- Terms & Conditions - Contents
- Shipping & Delivery
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Warranty Terms and Conditions
- Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions (Gtech Power Sweepers)
- Competition Terms and Conditions
- Advertising Mail
- Privacy & Security
If you place an order, by doing so you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We advise you to keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions and your order details for your future reference. We have tried to make these Terms and Conditions as simple as possible and recommend that you print them from the Website when placing your order.
When you submit your order, you are offering to purchase products from us at the prices indicated in the Catalogue or on the Website, as applicable. The contract between us is not formed until we have acknowledged acceptance of your order or we dispatch the products to you, whichever is the earlier.
If you discover you have made a mistake with your order after you have submitted it to us, please contact us immediately so we can correct the mistake before the products are dispatched. If you are aged under 18, please get your parent / guardian’s consent before ordering.
All orders for products from the Website must be placed using the shopping basket facility provided on the Website. To be able to order on the Website you will need to register on the Website and log-in using your unique log-in details that we provide to you as part of the registration process (e.g. username, password).
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in details. You should contact us as soon as possible if you believe that anyone has obtained your log-in details without your permission or if you become aware of any other breach of security on the Website.
We will not be responsible to you if there is unauthorised access to your log-in details or unauthorised activity on the Website as a result of your log-in details becoming compromised, unless this is due to our negligence.
When ordering on the Website you will be directed to a secure website operated by our provider of on-line payment facilities where you can enter your payment information. Once you have entered your payment information and your payment has been confirmed, you will then be directed to a final confirmation screen on the Website displaying the details relating to your order.
Shipping & Delivery
Products will be delivered to the delivery address specified by you when making your order. If you order more than one product in a single order then they may be dispatched separately and arrive with you at different times.
Unless otherwise stated, please allow up 7-10 days for delivery to UK addresses.
If you wish to have products delivered outside the UK please contact us by telephone on 0800 484 0215 before placing an order. Charges and delivery time will vary.
Any applicable delivery charges will be detailed at the checkout prior to you confirming your order.
Standard UK Delivery
Where applicable, standard delivery to all UK addresses costs £6.00.
Where advertised, delivery is free to all UK addresses. Standard delivery to UK addresses would otherwise cost £6.00. Gtech will discount £6.00 from your order total and pay on your behalf. Free delivery will not show on your order, just the price of the items ordered
Next Day Delivery
Our courier partners will attempt next day delivery, however this is not a guaranteed service. Attempted next day delivery services apply 7 days a week (i.e. including Saturday and Sunday delivery) and to orders placed up until 6pm in the evening with the exception of eBikes and Lawn Mowers or their associated batteries if bought separately. Next day delivery services for the eBike, Lawn Mowers and batteries apply Monday - Friday to orders placed before 3pm. Orders for eBikes placed after 3pm on a Friday will be delivered on the following Tuesday.
Next Day delivery excludes delivery to UK islands and highlands due to longer carriage times to those areas. The following postcode areas are excluded from Next Day and 7-day delivery services:
The Channel Islands: JE1, JE2, JE3, JE4, JE5, GY1, GY2, GY3, GY4, GY5, GY6, GY7, GY8, GY9, GY10.
Scilly Islands: TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25
Isle of Man: IM1, IM2, IM3, IM4, IM5, IM6, IM7, IM8, IM9, IM86, IM87, IM99.
Scottish Highlands and Islands: AB31-38, AB41-56, FK17-21, HS 1-9, KA27-28, KW 0-17, PA 20-78, PH 15-99, ZE (all).
In the event that “Next Day Delivery” may not be available where it was previously advertised for a specific product or products, where possible, we will highlight any temporary delivery times on the website by those product or products affected.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
The prices indicated in the Catalogue and on the Website include VAT unless otherwise stated. Payment must be made in British pounds. You can pay for products using most major credit and debit cards.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the payment details you provide are correct and complete. We are not responsible for supplying products if the details you submit when making your order are incorrect or incomplete. No payment will be deemed to have been made until we have cleared funds and we will not dispatch the products until we receive payment in full.
The prices in the Catalogue and on the Website are checked regularly to seek to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date. However, if we find they have changed when we receive your order we will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed.
Gift cards and voucher codes
To redeem your gift card or voucher code, enter your individual voucher code in the “voucher code” box on the order summary page. Gift cards and voucher codes are only valid for the combination of products or services specified at the point you were provided with the card or code. Exclusions and limitations will be stated at that point. All purchases are subject to standard www.gtech.co.uk terms and conditions.
Gift cards and voucher code may only be used once. Voucher codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion and are not valid on sale items or other discounted items including bundles.
Voucher codes are non-transferable. Resale and distribution of voucher codes is prohibited, including unauthorised publication of voucher codes on any internet forum, website or social media.
A voucher code entitles you to a saving on a new order. There is no cash alternative. Voucher codes are not valid for the purchase of gift cards or gift vouchers. We reserve the right to withdraw voucher codes at any time and without prior notice.
30 day money back guarantee
All products ordered from www.gtech.co.uk (or by telephone from Gtech) are covered by a 30-day money back guarantee. If you change your mind we ask that you return the product to us in its original condition and in its original packaging along with your proof of purchase within 30 days. This will ensure any refund or exchange is processed without delay.
Please note that we are happy to arrange the return carriage but we do ask that you cover the cost of £10 per order for all products excluding eBikes where the return carriage charge is £50 per eBike. Our 30 day money back guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
To register a product for Gtech warranty visit www.gtech.co.uk/warrantyregistration.
Warranty - AirRam
AirRam is covered by a 2 year guarantee. To qualify, your product must be registered within 3 months of date of purchase.
The guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of delivery/purchase before any work can be carried out on the vacuum cleaner. Without this proof, any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your receipt or delivery note.
- All work will be carried out by Gtech or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Gtech.
- The repair or replacement of your vacuum cleaner is under guarantee and will not extend the period of guarantee.
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory right as a consumer.
What's not covered?
Gtech does not guarantee the repair or replacement of a product as a result of:
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. belt brush bar, batteries).
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with Gtech AirRam operating manual.
- Blockages - please refer to the Gtech AirRam operating manual for details of how to unblock your vacuum cleaner.
- Use of the vacuum cleaner for anything other than the normal domestic household purposes.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Gtech Genuine Components.
- Faulty installation (except where installed by Gtech).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Gtech or its authorised agents.
- If you are in doubt as to what is covered by your guarantee, please call the Gtech Customer Care Helpline on UK: 0800 484 0215.
Warranty – All other Gtech products
All products bought from Gtech are covered by a minimum 1 year guarantee, and guarantees that the product purchased shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of purchase by the original end- user customer. If the product fails to meet this guarantee and the purchaser notifies Gtech in writing within the guarantee period, Gtech shall:
Send out all necessary replacement parts needed to repair the product where possible, free of charge. If this still does not solve the problem, please return the product to the place of purchase. If you purchased your product on Gtech online, please return the product, along with a covering letter with a description of what is wrong and your address to: Gtech, Brindley Road, Warndon, Worcestershire, WR4 9FB.
When Gtech replaces the product, Gtech shall be entitled to require the purchaser to return the product to Gtech at the purchasers expense for inspection. A replacement product will be sent to the address written on your covering letter if required. Gtech will cover the costs for this. Please note, your guarantee will not be valid if:
- Your product is damaged from misuse or it is used in another application for which it was not designed.
- You connected your Gtech product to an improper power supply.
- You purchased your product from a 3rd party (i.e. not from Gtech or an official Gtech retailer).
- The product has been repaired or attempted to be repaired by anyone other than an employee of Gtech.
- The manufacturers rating label has been altered, defaced or removed.
Please note that your warranty covers you for domestic use only.
Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions (Gtech Power Sweepers)
All domestic Gtech Power Sweepers come with our 1-year manufacturers warranty as standard. However, if you upgrade to our extended 2-year warranty we will also cover you for any defects that occur due to wear and tear and accidental damage (so long as that accidental damage hasn’t occurred due to misuse). If a problem with your sweeper does occur you must inform us as soon as is reasonably practical.
Our extended warranty includes:
- Access to our Worcester based UK customer care centre.
- Replacement parts (excluding batteries) will be posted to you for next day delivery to replace any existing parts that have become defective due to wear and tear or accidental damage. Next day delivery is available if ordered before 3pm the previous working day. This excludes us replacing parts that have become defective due to misuse.
- New for old replacement – if our customer service team believes that the product is beyond repair you will be sent a new replacement product. If the exact replacement product isn't available you will be sent a product of equivalent specification and value. All we ask is that you return the faulty product to us – the postage cost for which will be paid for by you.
The 2 year warranty commences at the original purchase date. If a product is repaired or replaced during the 2 year period, the 2 year period is NOT re-started again.
What services will be provided in the two years after I have purchased the product?
Our customer services team is on hand to help and assist you with the assembly of your product. At any time during the term of the extended warranty, if your product is not working properly, please call our customer services team and they will try to identify the problem and find a solution. Simply call 0800 484 0215. Our customer service team is on hand during the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 8.00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
If your product becomes defective during the term of the extended warranty, we will provide you with the replacement parts that we believe will rectify the defect. This includes parts that have become defective due to wear and tear and accidental damage (excluding new batteries and any parts that have become defective due to misuse). If your product is deemed beyond repair during the extended warranty period we will send you a replacement product of equivalent specification, performance and value so long as the defective product is posted back to the manufacturer beforehand for inspection. Postage costs for returning the product to us would always be payable by the customer in this instance. When returning defective products to us, please ensure that they are securely wrapped to help avoid further damage. This would not affect goods returned under your statutory rights.
What's not included?
There are several things that are not included in the extended warranty plan:
- We will not unpack, assemble or install your product. If you are not sure how to install your product, you should refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or contact us on 0800 484 0215. This warranty is for products that are used for normal domestic purposes only. If you are using your product in a business or for other non-domestic use, you will not be entitled to any of the services under this Plan.
- We will not replace or send replacement parts for any product that has been damaged or does not work due to misuse.
- You must take reasonable care of your product. We will not send replacement parts or replace any products that have been abused, misused or damaged intentionally.
- We will not repair or replace parts for any product which has only cosmetic damage, e.g. scratches, damage to plastic or metal trim, badges or other insignia and which does not impede the normal operation of the product.
- Replacement consumable items – i.e. the battery.
Your product is damaged from misuse or it is used in another application for which it was not designed; You connected your Gtech product to an improper power supply; You purchased your product from a 3rd party (i.e. not from Gtech or an official Gtech retailer); The product has been repaired or attempted to be repaired by anyone other than an employee of Gtech; the manufacturers rating label has been altered, defaced or removed.
If you sell or give away your Product, you cannot transfer this Plan to the new owner.
This Plan is an agreement between you and Grey Technology Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”). You can contact us on 0800 484 0215.
The extended warranty is provided by Gtech, Brindley Road, Warndon, Worcestershire. WR4 9FB. Nothing in this Plan excludes or limits any statutory rights you may have. You can get advice about your rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department. This Plan is governed by English Law.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Entry by post - If you would like to enter a Competition without registering with Gtech, please send a postcard with your name, address, email address and the name of the competition to: Gtech, Brindley Road, Warndon, Worcestershire. WR4 9FB.
Requests by letter must be received on or before the close date of the respective Competition.
Gtech works with carefully selected 3rd parties to deliver advertising mail to qualified UK consumers.
Gtech and the 3rd parties it works with all work strictly under the Data Protection Act (1998) and within Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Code of Practice to ensure that any data that we use has been collected fairly and lawfully. The 3rd parties we work with are all registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Any data we use for advertising mail excludes any individual that has signed up to the Mailing Preference Service (MPS). In addition, we also use commercially available data to screen out any known changes in address and other lapsed or out of date addresses. We do this to give us every chance of only delivering to current addresses who may be interested in our products. Finally, any data we use to produce postal advertising excludes anyone that as opted out of postal advertising from Gtech previously. If you require any further information regarding receipt of Gtech advertising mail please contact us.
If you would like to opt out of all 3rd party advertising mail we recommend that registering with the Mailing Preference Service (MPS). All Direct Marketing Association (DMA) member companies work with the MPS as a condition of membership.
A notification we receive from an individual opting-out of advertising from Gtech takes effect immediately – no new postal advertising will be produced after that point (opt out is instant).
If you would like to opt-out of Gtech postal advertising please contact-us.
Gtech postal advertising has a production cycle of 1-2 months which, in rare instances, can mean that a subsequent item(s) of mail may be delivered after the opt-out notice. This means a maximum 90 period after the initial opt-out notice for postal advertising may apply in a very small percentage of cases.
Privacy & Security
These Terms and Conditions are a contract between you and us. Neither of us intend that these Terms and Conditions will be enforceable by any other person by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. These Terms and Conditions and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language. The laws of England and Wales apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any disputes arise between you and us (for example, in relation to your order) and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of England and Wales.
Updating your details
If you change address or any other personal details, please write to us at Gtech, Brindley Road, Warndon, Worcestershire. WR4 9FB so that we can update our records.
How to contact us
Please contact our customer services team on 0800 484 0215 or write to Gtech, Brindley Road, Warndon, Worcestershire. WR4 9FB.