Can I get a Car Kit for my Multi?
Our Multi Car Accessory Kit contains three versatile tools to give you the precision to clean those difficult spots inside the car. The kit includes a soft dusting brush, a flexible crevice tool and a small upholstery tool.
How long is the warranty period and what does it cover?
The warranty is 2 years from purchase date. You must retain your proof of purchase / delivery to register. The warranty covers everything except:
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. bristles, filters)
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the Gtech Multi operating manual.
- Blockages - please refer to the Gtech Multi operating manual for details of how to unblock your vacuum cleaner.
- Use of the vacuum cleaner for anything other than the normal domestic household purposes.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Gtech Genuine Components.
- Faulty installation (except where installed by Gtech).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Gtech or its authorised agents.
Is the battery covered within the warranty?
Yes, the battery will be covered for 2 years.
Will it run out while I’m cleaning?
The Multi has a battery indicator which shows you how much charge is in the battery, so you always know how much cleaning time you have left.
How do I charge the product?
The charger socket is on the back of the Battery Pack (it’s a round hole). You can charge it either on or off the product and you can see the charge status on the display.
My Multi doesn’t have very much suction
There could be several reasons for the Multi losing suction:
- Ensure that the bin is empty and that the filters are clean.
For instructions on how to empty the bin and clean the filter, click here.
- If you’ve recently cleaned your filter, the vacuum will lose suction if the filter is wet. Leave the filter in a warm dry place for 24 hours; but not in direct contact with a heat source, e.g. on top of a radiator.
- If you’ve recently emptied the dirt from your Multi, you could experience a loss of suction if the bin lid is not correctly sealed. Check that the bin lid is correctly closed and that the bin is firmly attached to the body of the vacuum.
- If you have emptied the bin, cleaned and checked the filter and your vacuum still doesn’t have suction, then it’s likely that there is a blockage. Blockages can sometimes occur in either the vacuum or the attachments.
My bin is damaged, can I replace it?
Yes, the bin can be replaced with a new one - a K9 bin would also fit.