- Personal Data That We Collect
- Email and Direct Mail Communications
- Online interactions
- Social Media
- How is this personal information used?
- Changing the way we contact you about products and services
- Data sharing with third parties
- How long we keep personal information
- Keeping personal information accurate
- Access to your personal information
- How we protect personal data
- Marketing and market research
- Contact Us
Last Updated: 20th March 2018
General Privacy Inquiries: Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Privacy Statement or any requests concerning your personal data to our Data Protection Lead by email to [email protected].
Personal Data That We Collect
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at Gtech (Grey Technology Limited). We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, and recommend merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) may collect personal information which we receive when:
- • you use our website (including www.gtech.co.uk )
- • you use our services
- • you contact us or
- • you are a recipient of our services
This may include information:
- • which you provide where you
- o complete one of our forms or receipts,
- o contract with us.
- o enter information on the www.gtech.co.uk website
- o contact Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) directly in writing or by phone or;
- • which is recorded on mail or parcels sent to you via Gtech (Grey Technology Limited).
We may collect the following types of information:
- • your name, address, email address and telephone number(s).
- • information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- • your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- • information collected through your use of the Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) website. Please refer to the Cookies section within this policy for more information.
As a user of our products or services, we will need to send you support communications by e-mail such as transaction messaging, delivery schedules or return confirmations.
As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you up to date with other things that's happening at Gtech which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, owner offers or upcoming events. However, if you do not wish to receive communications via email from us, you can find out how to change how you hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below titled ‘How is this personal information used?' '
Direct Mail Communications
We’d like to use your details to keep in touch by post from time to time.
Our postal communications are designed to tell you about our latest product releases, promotions and special offers, so that you have exclusive access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try and ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
You can tell us at any time that you do not wish to receive postal communications from us. However, this may mean you don’t hear about products and promotions or other work we do that may be of interest to you.
Personal data provided to us may also be profiled to help us with targeting strategies. For example, your purchasing data may be used to ensure we don’t send you marketing communications promoting a product you have already purchased. Or we may use your personal data to find new customers with a similar profile to yourself who may be interested in our products or services.
We may sometimes use third parties to capture some of our data on our behalf, but only where we are confident that the third party will treat your data securely, in accordance with our terms and inline with the requirements set out in the GDPR.
We collect and handle information from all visitors to our website, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
We use this information so that we can see how long our website takes to load, how it is used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our website, and what information visitors look at most.
We also collect and handle information about how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online, outside of our own websites (for example, on Google, YouTube [or on social media]).
You may use social media to contact us about your Gtech products, or to let people know what you think about your Gtech product. We review publicly available social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about us, and our products, technology and services and to assist consumers who prefer to contact us through social media.
The information we collect from social media and online sites sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publicly available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Any notices we send to you will be sent to the most recent e-mail address or postal address provided to us by you. These Terms and Conditions are a contract between you and us. Neither of us intend that these Terms and Conditions will be enforceable by any other person by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. These Terms and Conditions and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language. The laws of England and Wales apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any disputes arise between you and us (for example, in relation to your order) and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of England and Wales.
The cookies used on our websites have been categorised based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. We use the following categories on our websites and other online services:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use their features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets and e-billing cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites — for instance, which pages you go to most. This data may be used to help optimise our websites and make them easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our website localised for your area. We may also remember preferences such as text size, fonts and other customisable site elements. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on non-Gtech websites.
How is your personal information used?
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our services, to provide you with a personalised experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve and personalise our services
- • Provide access to and use of our services.
- • Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- • Keep track of your basket
- • Give you access to your purchase history and other features
- • Customise, measure and improve our Services
- • Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- • We may use geo-location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalised content)
Contact you about your account and provide you customer service
- • Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account
- • Contact you to enforce any agreement we may have with you
- • For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages and postal mail
Personalise our advertising and marketing communications
- • Personalise, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences
- • Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages or postal mail to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions and inform you about our Services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply
- • Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- • Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- • Enforce our Privacy Notice
We retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
Changing the way we contact you about products and services
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways;
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an "opt-in") by:
- • Contacting Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) customer service and stating that you would like to receive communications from us, or
- • Logging onto your account on our website and changing your preferences and information
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
- • Contacting Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) customer service and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you; or
- • Logging onto your account on our website and changing your preferences and information.
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me;
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
- • Contacting Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) customer service stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications;
- • Using the unsubscribe option included in all our e-mail correspondence (on all marketing and support communications), or
- • Logging into your account on our website and changing your preferences and information.
- • Emailing our privacy team at [email protected]
Data sharing with third parties
Third parties who provide services on our behalf
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- • Our distributors, who help us to sell our products in certain countries;
- • Those helping us to deliver products to you;
- • Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and claims;
- • Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you;
- • Third parties that assist us with our marketing, helping us to understand how well our online advertising works, to reach people who are more interested in Gtech products, by setting cookies on our websites (more information on this can be found in our cookies policy.)
- • Social media platforms who serve our advertising on their platforms on our behalf (and who we may securely share your personal information with in order to serve this advertising to both you and/or others).
How long we keep personal information
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating your account details on Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) websites).
Access to your personal information
We give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, you can also:
- • object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes;
- • ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- • ask us to remove or delete personal information about you; or
- • provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please e-mail [email protected]
- • Requesting a copy of your information
- o You can request details of personal information Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) holds about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting us.
- o Requests must be made in writing. Proof of identification will be required to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information. For example, dates and details of the products or services that you have used. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
Our procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Marketing and market research
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) websites and products are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to become a registered user of our websites, apps or products or otherwise provide us with any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
If you are aware of a child who has provided their personal information to us, please contact us at [email protected]
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our Privacy Team.
If, after speaking to us, you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office ( https://ico.org.uk ) who is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information.
You can contact our Privacy Team at any time at [email protected] . We will get back to you as soon as possible.