- Personal Data That We Collect
- Email Communications
- Online Interactions
- Social Media
- How is this Personal Information Used?
- Changing the Way We Contact You About Products and Services
- Data Sharing with Third Parties
- How Long We Keep Personal Information
- Keeping Personal Information Accurate
- Access to Your Personal Information
- How We Protect Personal Data
- Marketing and Market Research
- Contact Us
Last Updated: 20th March 2018
General Privacy Inquiries: Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Privacy Notice, or any requests concerning your personal data to our Data Protection Lead by email to [email protected].
Personal Data That We Collect
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at Gtech (Grey Technology Limited). We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, and recommend merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) may collect personal information which we receive when:
- • You use our website (including www.gtech.co.uk )
- • You use our services
- • You contact us, or
- • You are a recipient of our services
This may include information:
- • Which you provide where you
- o Complete one of our forms or receipts
- o Contract with us
- o Enter information on the www.gtech.co.uk website
- o Contact Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) directly in writing or by phone, or
- • Which is recorded on mail or parcels sent to you via Gtech (Grey Technology Limited)
We may collect the following types of information:
- • Your name, address, email address and telephone number(s)
- • Information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- • Your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- • Information collected through your use of the Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) website. Please refer to the Cookies section within this policy for more information.
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods and home interior categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers' wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending prospect customers suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Please note that Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. If you would like more information, please call us on 01908 522455, write to us at our address below or email us at [email protected].
As a user of our products or services, we will send you support communications by email. As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you posted on anything that's happening at Gtech ( Grey Technology Limited) which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, owner offers or upcoming events, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us. You can find out how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below titled ‘How is this personal information used?'
We collect and handle information from all visitors to our website, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
We use this information so that we can see how long our website takes to load, how it is used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our website, and what information visitors look at most.
We also collect and handle information about how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online, outside of our own websites (for example, on Google, YouTube [or on social media]).
You may use social media to contact us about your Gtech products, or to let people know what you think about your Gtech product. We review publicly available social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about us, and our products, technology and services and to assist consumers who prefer to contact us through social media.
The information we collect from social media and online sites sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publicly available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Cookies are pieces of data, normally stored in text files that we place on visitors computers to store a range of information, usually specific to that visitor or device being used. Should you choose, you can disable cookies from your browser and delete cookies currently stored on your computer.
On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting "Internet Options” and then selecting the “Privacy” tab under “Settings”. From here you can select to “Block Cookies”. On Google Chrome, this can be done by selecting “Settings”, and then selecting “Advanced”. Under “Privacy & Security”, select “Content Settings” and then “Cookies”. You can choose to “Allow sites to save and read cookie data” or select which cookies you want to block. Please consult your online HELP menu for other browsers or devices or if you need any further support in blocking or removing cookies.
If you choose to block cookies, this may prevent the Website working correctly or stop us being able to identify errors on the Website that you may experience.
The cookies used on our Websites have been categorised based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. We use the following categories on our websites and other online services:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to monitor traffic sources and our Website performance. This data may be used to help optimise our websites and make them easier for you to use and navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to our Website from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Website or be able to monitor performance.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing and can allow enhanced functionality or personalisation. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you, and they cannot track your browsing activity on non-Gtech websites.
Category 4: Targetting Cookies
These cookies may be set through our advertise partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser or internet device. If you not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Category 5: Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
How is your personal information used?
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our services, to provide you with a personalised experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve and personalise our services
- • Provide access to and use of our services.
- • Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- • Keep track of your basket
- • Give you access to your purchase history and other features
- • Customise, measure and improve our Services
- • Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- • We may use geo-location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalised content)
Contact you about your account and provide you customer service
- • Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account
- • Contact you to enforce any agreement we may have with you
- • For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages and postal mail
Personalise our advertising and marketing communications
- • Personalise, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences
- • Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages or postal mail to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions and inform you about our Services. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply
- • Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- • Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- • Enforce our Privacy Notice
We retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
Changing the way we contact you about products and services
We rely on legitimate interest as the legal basis for undertaking outbound postal direct marketing. Occasionally we may obtain postal lists of potential customers from external companies. We will only deal with reputable companies that take privacy and data protection as seriously as we do, and we will always let you choose not to receive further communications from us.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways;
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an "opt-in") by:
- • Contacting Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) customer service and stating that you would like to receive communications from us, or
- • Logging onto your account on our website and changing your preferences and information
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
- • Contacting Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) customer service and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you; or
- • Logging onto your account on our website and changing your preferences and information.
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me;
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
- • Contacting Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) customer service stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications;
- • Using the unsubscribe option included in all our e-mail correspondence (on all marketing and support communications), or
- • Logging into your account on our website and changing your preferences and information.
- • Emailing our privacy team at [email protected]
Data sharing with third parties
Third parties who provide services on our behalf
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- • Our distributors, who help us to sell our products in certain countries;
- • Those helping us to deliver products to you;
- • Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and claims;
- • Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you;
- • Third parties that assist us with our marketing, helping us to understand how well our online advertising works, to reach people who are more interested in Gtech products, by setting cookies on our websites (more information on this can be found in our cookies policy.)
- • Social media platforms who serve our advertising on their platforms on our behalf (and who we may securely share your personal information with in order to serve this advertising to both you and/or others).
How long we keep personal information
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating your account details on Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) websites).
Access to your personal information
We give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, you can also:
- • object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes;
- • ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- • ask us to remove or delete personal information about you; or
- • provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please e-mail [email protected]
- • Requesting a copy of your information
- o You can request details of personal information Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) holds about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting us.
- o Requests must be made in writing. Proof of identification will be required to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information. For example, dates and details of the products or services that you have used. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
Our procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
Marketing and market research
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications in this way. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
Gtech (Grey Technology Limited) websites and products are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
If you are a child, please do not attempt to become a registered user of our websites, apps or products or otherwise provide us with any personal information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information from a child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
If you are aware of a child who has provided their personal information to us, please contact us at [email protected]
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our Privacy Team.
If, after speaking to us, you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office ( https://ico.org.uk ) who is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information.
You can contact our Privacy Team at any time at [email protected] . We will get back to you as soon as possible.