How to remove makeup stains from carpet
Just because you’ve spilled a little makeup doesn’t mean you have to rip up and change carpets or get rid of a favourite rug. By following the tips and tricks below, you won’t have to worry about finding ways to hide makeup stains in the carpet.
To improve the chances of removing makeup from your carpets, it’s best to act fast. No matter how big or small, delaying your makeup removal is more likely to leave you with permanent stains than if you deal with it straight away. Be prepared for accidental makeup spillages by having the following items to hand.
You will need:
- Cleaning solution
- White cloth
- Paper towels
- Clean water
- Plastic spoon or knife
Tip: when blotting the stain, DO NOT RUB IT! You run the risk of damaging the carpet or spreading the stain further into it.
- Carefully remove excess makeup from the carpet with a cloth or your plastic spoon. Make sure you don’t rub the stain into the carpet, as this can make it worse.
- Apply the right cleaning solution to the stain, using an appropriate amount. You should use enough cleaning solution to fully cover the stain.
- Blot the stain using a slightly damp cloth.
- Keep blotting the carpet until the stain has been removed. If necessary, reapply the cleaning solution.
- Once your carpet is free from makeup, cover it with a dry towel or paper towels to soak up any excess moisture.
- Leave it to dry completely.
- Once dry, use one of our cordless vacuum cleaners to clean the area. Our upright, stick or handheld vacuums are perfect for these tough jobs. This will help restore its original texture, and remove any underlying residue, leaving your carpet makeup free once more.
To remove makeup from carpet, you will need to make sure you have the right equipment. The cleaning solution will vary slightly, depending on the type of makeup you want to clean up, but the other items are fairly universal for the job.
How to get lipstick out of carpet
Wondering how to remove lipstick from carpet? Rubbing alcohol or paint remover will do the trick.
How to get nail polish out of carpet
Use a non-acetone, clear nail polish remover to remove nail polish from your carpets.
How to get foundation out of carpet
You can get foundation out of carpet with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
How to get mascara out of carpet
Combine warm water with a splash of dishwashing liquid.
How to get eyeshadow out of carpet
A combination of cold water and a few drops of mild laundry detergent are ideal for getting blusher, eye-shadow, power foundation and other powder-based makeups out of your carpet.
If you have carpet stains you just can’t remove, contact a professional carpet cleaner.
Accidents will happen, and it’s best to deal with them as quickly and effectively as you can. You don’t need to ban all makeup from your home, just keep a few cleaning accessories and products in stock, and you can remove makeup from carpet with ease.